advocacy and resources for citizens
Our local Arc is first and foremost an advocacy organization. Employees and volunteers represent our constituency at intellectual and developmental service meetings throughout the year. We also advocate 1 on 1 for individuals and their families upon request
The Latest News...
The Karl Valentin von Paul Student Scholarship Program $250 Scholarships for High School Seniors interested in pursuing special education as a career Simply email a short one-paragraph essay, “Why I Am Interested in Being a Special Education Instructor,” to email@example.com. Students may also fax or mail entries to PO Box 892 Sunbury PA 17801
DEADLINE MAY 15, 2019
Please take our 2019 survey for a chance to win 2 free tickets to an event of your choice!
Announcing: BRidge to Work 2.0 Bigger and better than ever!
Coming to Columbia County! Click to register...
- The Arc offers an evening drop-in program called AMPES which meets weekly in Milton, Sunbury, Shamokin, Bloomsburg, Selinsgrove and Berwick. *NEW* this year is our 50 and Fun program that helps older folks as life needs change.
- *Our BRIDGE to Work program offers a focus on abilities in order to prepare for work. This program is a curriculum that runs for a period of time. Contact us for lesson plans that may help you as a drop-in or "brush-up" of skills.
- We offer Discovery to find the special abilities of individuals for employment, and customized job development for those same individuals. This program is funding through both the Office of Vocational Rehabilitation and the Office of Developmental Programs.
- Waiver services through the Office of Developmental Programs include companion, respite, homemaker, nursing, job coach, communications specialist and more.
- We also provide many other social and community activities throughout the year through our Social Recreational Program including bowling, Secret Pal Club and bus trips.
- Peer-support for clients: Staff member Brian Habermehl leads our Self-Advocates groups in the DREAM program and offers an assistive-technologies class with one-on-one support to help with each individual's unique needs. In addition, you can let the Arts sharpen your skills!
- A volunteer Board of Directors governs The Arc. Funding comes from memberships, government contracts, United Way funds, fundraising events, and gifts from foundations.
- The Arc also offers an evening drop-in program called STEP for school age students in Northumberland County. Please call our office at 570-286-1008 for further details on this program.
- Our Representative Payee program will get you the help you need to successfully manage your finances
- Wellness Wednesdays offer a variety of health benefits to your and the whole community!
- What are your needs and thoughts? Contact us! We are always adding programs and value your input!
You can financially support our Arc by donating, purchasing gift cards, donating a used vehicle or shopping AmazonSmile. The links below will take you directly to these options all available all the time! 24x7x 365! Also, purchase Arc Items and watch for our dining, special fundraisers and other promotions!