advocacy and resources for citizens
Our local Arc is first and foremost an advocacy organization. Employees and volunteers represent our constituency at intellectual and developmental service meetings throughout the year. We also advocate 1 on 1 for individuals and their families upon request
The Latest News...
- Volunteer to do fundraising... Click here
- THE ARC IS MOVING AT THE END
326 Market Street Sunbury
(PLEASE NOTE!!! Our mailing address has NOT changed and will re-
main PO Box 892 Sunbury PA 17801 DO NOT send mail to the new
The Arc will now have almost 4,000 square feet of space in a NEW
integrated community center… The building is a public space where
everyone is welcome to enjoy events, classes, the arts, FOOD, celebration
and more! We will be able to have groups of up to 75 people!
Leadership for the location will be a shared responsibility of everyone.
- Donate to our new building needs:
- Kitchen utensils (serving spoons and spatulas, knives, silverware, dishes, pots, pans, utensils of ALL kinds)
- Art supplies (pencils, pastels, crayons, sharpies, white & colored &
construction paper, brushes, paint, sculpting clay, string, scrap
booking supplies and art supplies of ALL kinds)
- The Arc offers an evening drop-in program called AMPES which meets weekly in Milton, Sunbury, Shamokin, Bloomsburg, Selinsgrove and Berwick. *NEW* this year is our 50 and Fun program that helps older folks as life needs change.
- *Our BRIDGE to Work program offers a focus on abilities in order to prepare for work. This program is a curriculum that runs for a period of time. Contact us for lesson plans that may help you as a drop-in or "brush-up" of skills.
- We also provide many other social and community activities throughout the year through our Social Recreational Program including bowling, Secret Pal Club and bus trips.
- Peer-support for clients: Staff member Brian Habermehl leads our Self-Advocates groups in the DREAM program and offers an assistive-technologies class with one-on-one support to help with each individual's unique needs. In addition, you can let the Arts sharpen your skills!
- A volunteer Board of Directors governs The Arc. Funding comes from memberships, government contracts, United Way funds, fundraising events, and gifts from foundations.
- The Arc also offers an evening drop-in program called STEP for school age students in Northumberland County. Please call our office at 570-286-1008 for further details on this program.
- Our Representative Payee program will get you the help you need to successfully manage your finances
- What are your needs and thoughts? Contact us! We are always adding programs and value your input!
You can financially support our Arc by donating, purchasing gift cards, donating a used vehicle or shopping AmazonSmile. The links below will take you directly to these options all available all the time! 24x7x 365! Also, purchase Arc Items and watch for our dining, special fundraisers and other promotions!